Friday, February 23, 2007

dance unashamed

So I was driving home from school this morning, listenin to the good old i-pod. I put on this playlist that my friend Mary had made for my planeride home from Australia, and I just kept on driving, kind of listening to the music, kind of not. It's like you've got the music playing, but you're really just thinking about what's for lunch, or why that guy is following you so close, or what the plans for the rest of the day are, and "hey, why is my butt sweating?" seat heaters! But today this one song just popped out of nowhere. It's like the volume just came up, and it was screaming, "listen to me! listen to me!" It was Brandston's "Nobody dances anymore." Here's the lyrics-->

You wanna play it safe,

Don't wanna step out.
You gotta pretend so no one finds out.
You gotta break free,
You gotta break out
So everybody knows what you're all about.

Don't be afraid to be the one to start it up,
It's a party, once you turn it on it's hard to turn it off.
Listen to the music,
Turn it up, let it go.
Take it in until you feel it take control.

Nobody dances anymore,
Nobody takes chances anymore.

So, besides the fact that I was singing and dancing like an idiot in the car, God really spoke to me a lot through this song. And I finally realized why Mary put it on that playlist (considering the majority of the other songs were serious worship songs.)

Ok, I'm all about analogies, I know total nerd, but it's how God speaks to me a lot, and I LOVE IT! So I like to think about the music that they are talking about in this song as like God, and his voice, and everything that comes with that whole package. We need to just listen to God. Forget about everyone else (not trying to sound mean or anything), but turn him on and turn him up so that nothing else can be heard, and when we do this, He's gonna take control. He's gonna override all the other voices that are spinning around in our heads that we constantly find ourselves listening to.

BE UNDIGNIFIED BEFORE CHRIST!!

The guys said it perfect, "You gotta break free, You gotta break out. So everybody knows what you're all about." Stop caring about what other people are going to think. I find myself doing that so often. Not doing certain things because I feel like someone will judge it. But I'm beginning to realize that there is a limit to how much we should care about what people think. There is a difference between wisdom and insecurity. People will judge, but the great thing is, God deals with that for us! I believe when we finally break out of that shell and be totally unashamed before the Lord, that is when we will Shine like stars just as is talks about in Philippians 2: 12-18. That is when people will see Jesus through us. Because we are different! CLAIM IT!

So, go do it! RUN, DANCE, PLAY, SING, SHOUT. and do it like only one person is watching. He is all that matters.

Oh, here's the music video. It's really funny. It will probably inspire you.
-->watch this junk!<--

so much love. <3>

7 comments:

Katie B said...

Good song.
I still have "Don't stop me now" in my head from last weekend. :)
I miss my little chicken Mal!
LOVE.

Marie-Claire said...

Bomb the hill.

Ryan Kennedy said...

Strip cathy called and he wants the right to sell chicken mals

Katie B said...

Hahaha

AnnieBlogs said...

Because I didn't go on the ski trip, I know what none of that means. But it sounds hilarious.
Great blog- I've missed your words. Us. Get together. Quickly.

Alex Charles said...

22 thumbs up!

Alex Russ said...

all i have to say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOSH!!!! and i think you know why, and you are probably laughing out loud really hard right now.

oh mw.

great post! im all about it