Monday, March 5, 2007

back to the gym

I have one of the bestest friends in the whole world who blesses me so much everytime i get to spend time with her. Tonight I was just sitting down with my b-fri Alex Russ and we were just doing what we do best: wearing our hearts on our sleeves. I told her that were just a bunch of open heart surgery patients, walking around with our guts totally exposed for everyone to see.

We were talking about how hard it is being back home right now after our big 6 months away from reality and I got this huge revelation. It was an analogy OF COURSE IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME!

I got the analogy of a person who has not worked out for a while and then they decide to start working out. When they first begin, they are tired easily, and they are really sore afterwards. The muscles are being torn and stretched so that they can grow bigger. And I feel like that is exactly where I am right now. In a place of stretching and tearing. I feel weak, and out of touch. Some days I don't feel like pushing any more. But I realized that that is just my spiritual muscle being streched right now. It's being put to max capacity so that I may grow stronger and I will be able to live in this world, but not of it. I have been out of the world, it seems for a while; out of the gym. But now I'm and back to the gym; back to reality and living in a crazy and far from perfect world and I feel out of shape. But just like working out, things will get easier. I will get in shape. But that doesn't mean its time to throw in the towel. That means its time to add more weight. When you're working out, the only way your muscles will continue to grow bigger is if you constantly push further. If you just use the same weight over and over, you will be in shape, but you won't get any bigger. This is why I have to always want more, to know more, to seek more of Jesus and dive deeper into his mysteries. My spiritual muscles are being worked to their limits at the moment, but all I can do is just REJOICE, and PRAISE Jesus for where I am. And use it for fuel to just seek harder, love harder, pray harder, overcome, and just be.

I AM BLESSED

No comments: